For the safety of yourself and other members please follow all of the policies below
•All members must complete and comply with the 2015 PAR Q+ prior to access.
Community members must be at least 18 years of age or older
• Membership cards must be swiped at main entrance and fitness centre entrance. If your card is lost or stolen, please notify staff immediately.
• Loan or use of another member’s card will result in removal of membership privileges. This includes “jumping” the entry gates.
• No gym bags, purses or coats are allowed in the fitness area.
• Please LOCK all belongings in day use or rental lockers provided in change rooms. Locks available at front desk for purchase or bring your own.
• Locks on day lockers will be cut at the end of each day upon closing the facility.
• Georgian College and the Athletic and Fitness Centre is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
• Street clothes or outdoor shoes are not allowed in fitness centre, this includes jean shorts. Crop tops and exposed sports bras are prohibited.
• Proper athletic shoes are required, no open toed shoes, sandals, sock feet or work boots. Non-marking shoes in gymnasium only.
• No food or glass containers allowed in fitness centre or gymnasium.
• Bars are to be stripped of weights after use and returned to proper place.
• Please don’t drop dumb bells or free weights.
• All free weights must remain on rubber flooring and returned to their proper rack when done.
• Please ask designated staff for assistance with use of equipment or when spotting is needed.
• Fitness centre, climbing wall (BA) and gymnasium must be vacated by official closing time.
• Conducting solicitation for personal business is prohibited. (ie. personal trainers, physiotherapy, etc.)
• Only certified Georgian College fitness centre employees may conduct personal training sessions.
• Maximum cardio equipment usage time is thirty (30) minutes per session/machine.
• Unacceptable behaviour, such as spitting, foul language, use of chalk and monopolizing equipment is not allowed.
• Change in a student’s status from full-time to part-time will result in an increase in fees.
• All Georgian College Athletic and Fitness Centres are a smoke/drug/alcohol free facilities. Violations will not be tolerated.
*Georgian College and the Athletic and Fitness Centre is not responsible for any lost or stolen items. You hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless Georgian College, it’s directors, officers, agents, employees, volunteers, and their successors, and assigns, from any and all causes of action, claims demands, losses, and costs (including legal fees and disbursements) of any nature whatsoever arising out of, or in any way relating to, your use of the Athletic Fitness Center Facility. This indemnification is binding on your heirs, assigns and agents.
If you have any questions regarding equipment use, fitness questions or athletic policies please ask any staff member or phone 705.329.3123.